August 18, 2010

Recent Paintings

I've been getting requests from family and friends to post what I've been painting lately, so here's a little taste.


This was a box I painted for someone very close to me, the top has quotes on it, but I particularly liked the side's design.

This was my first oil painting. I remember doing it at 2 a.m on a night when I couldn't sleep. It took me roughly 3 hours.

I love the backround color mixture on this one...Welcome to dreamland.
This is actually a hard book cover that I reused after using the book for my book art collection, which I will be posting about soon. This is one of four that will be going in a good friend of mine's bathroom. The next picture will show another cover in the set, and the following photo is the set all together.




These have all been done within the last two weeks (except the first), so they are all fairly new. I'm hoping my next post will be about the book art that has completely consumed my room, it's very easy to do and looks really great so I'm excited to share that.

-Abby

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job Dill, I love it ! Yay for us new bloggers (: (: xx

    ReplyDelete